Monday, October 29, 2007

PowerTap Wheels

I love to build wheels more than almost any other job; bar fitting Record gruppos to beautiful road frames, of course! Here are a wicked pair of wheels I built up over the weekend for my friend Glenn. He obtained the PowerTap hubs (carbon rear and rare matching front) and I supplied my favoured Mavic Open Pro CD rims and some black DT Swiss Competition spokes and alloy nipples. I laced them up standard 3 cross, as per PowerTap's recommendation, and also to provide a lovely responsive ride...



These hot wheels are going on this very cool Time VRXS that Glenn rates as his best frame ever - high praise from a man who has owned several Colnago's, including a Master Olympic, a titanium CT-1 and a C-40! Full Campagnolo Record gruppo, naturally.

Note that the PowerTap is wireless. Also note that the tyres are yet to be fitted. ;-)



Cheers, Oli